Thursday, June 14, 2012

[Action Script] pausing/resuming staggered audio channels June,2012

Hi everyone,

I am building an app in flash that plays several channels of audio at the same time, some of them have to start later than others, which works fine - until I want to use the pause button, I have tried several different ways to make the sound pause and resume, none successful.

this is the code I used to delay sound b:

ActionScript Code: setTimeout(TimeOut, 15000);    function TimeOut()    {        myChannel_2 = bSound.play(bPosition);    }
how can I add a working pause and play function to this? currently I am triggering the sounds with as-code on a "play" frame, so my code for the buttons looks like this:
ActionScript Code: pause_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onClickPause);function onClickPause(e:MouseEvent):void{aPosition = myChannel_1.position;bPosition = myChannel_3.position;cPosition = myChannel_3.position;myChannel_1.stop();myChannel_2.stop();myChannel_3.stop();gotoAndStop(2);}play_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, resumePlaying);function resumePlaying(event:MouseEvent):void{gotoAndStop(4);}
I'd appreciate any help!
pausing/resuming staggered audio channels

Related Post



0 comments: