Friday, June 22, 2012

[Action Script] Drawn TextField vs scripted TextField June,2012

Does anyone know why I can define the .text property of a text field in a nested movie clip from its grandparent when the text field has been created using the drawing tools but not when I create it using action script?

In my file I have an input text field in the top left, a black button, and a green button. Each letter inputted is traced to the output panel and the black button traces the .text property to the output panel (just for my own learning). The green button opens up a movie clip within a movie clip that displays the inputted text.

I've attached the two files in question - one that works and one that doesn't.

Any possible answers to this would be most welcome! Sorry if it's obvious.

Thanks.
Attached Files File Type: zip TextFields.zip (20.2 KB)
Drawn TextField vs scripted TextField

Related Post



0 comments: