Sunday, June 24, 2012

[Action Script] Booleans: how the heck do you GC them?!? June,2012

Hello All,

As it says above: I'm using AS3 and FlashDevelop, and I cannot seem to convince my compiler to GC it.

I tried the pretty standard options:

ActionScript Code: myboolean = null;delete(myboolean);
But for the null it says "col: 14 Warning: null used where a Boolean value was expected."
And delete I get "col: 11 Error: Attempt to delete the fixed property allDone. Only dynamically defined properties can be deleted."

And this is considering the Boolean is definited within a method as such:

ActionScript Code: var myBoolean:Boolean = false;
I appreciate that since it's within the method, when such as run it's course it should get garbage collected, but I like to be certain, and why can't I GC the Boolean when I've done the same for int, Array and Point? Isn't Boolean also an object??

So yea: if anyone knows how to GC the Boolean please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your time,

ReaperOscuro
Booleans: how the heck do you GC them?!?

Related Post



0 comments: