Saturday, May 19, 2012

[Action Script] Scaling a movieclip help May,2012

Hey all,

I've been pretty confused about Scaling/resizing a movieclip. I'm probably googling the wrong terms, and for some reason search results in this forum don't display the entire thread, only the first post that includes one of my search keywords.

Anyways,
I'm interested in scaling/resizing a movieclip using AS. For instance, press key 87 (W) to make objectA stretch/scale onscreen.

Some guides have made use of the Z demension as though it were x or y:
ActionScript Code: objectA.z ++;Others have indicated that this was only introduced in CS4. Some say CS5. That sounds ridiculous to me, since it's all still AS3, unless CS4 and 5 included 3rd-party libraries.

Still others have indicated scale_x and scale_y commands. The guides I've found for these seem to be for website development, and I couldn't follow the code well enough to understand how scale_x and scale_y are used.

Some have said that only bitmap elements can be scaled.

Can anyone help or point me in the direction of a web resource? I don't need the best solution, I just want to know IF there is a solution for scaling a movieclip on command using AS3 (one that will work in any IDE, not just CS4/5/etc).
Scaling a movieclip help

Related Post



0 comments: