Tuesday, May 29, 2012

[Action Script] Parsing external text file May,2012

Hi all,

I'm quite new to ActionScript... and coding in general. I know HTML, and I can google my way to magical formulas in excel... so please bare with me :)

I'm trying to use an external text file to define image filenames to pull into movie clips. The idea is that I can create a site for someone, and they can change what is displayed by editing the text file.

I have everything working now... but my .txt file is messy and I would like it to be easy to read/edit for the person I'm giving it to.

Currently it looks like:
&pic1=prod1.png&pic2=prod2.png&pic3=prod3.png&pic4 =prod4.png&pic5=prod5.png&EOF=true

I want it to look like:
&pic1=prod1.png
&pic2=prod2.png
&pic3=prod3.png
&pic4=prod4.png
&pic5=prod5.png
&EOF=true

I've tried a few "remove newline or carriage return" functions floating around google, but they don't work for me. This could be because they're for something else and I don't understand them, or it could be that I'm not putting them where I need to.

Anyone able to give me a hand?

Thanks!
WillBreezy
Parsing external text file

Related Post



0 comments: